Our client is a market leading, fast growing manufacturer of fluid controls products servicing the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. Highly innovative, with a reputation for leading new product development in their field, they are now looking to recruit a visionary and inspirational engineering leader who has demonstrated the ability to conceive and deliver new products to agreed cost targets and time schedules.
A key member of the Divisional Senior Leadership Team, this role serves as the ultimate Technical Authority for the business and has overall responsibility for Engineering and New Product Development.
- Innovation & New Product Development (including IP protection)
- Contract Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Cost/Value Engineering
- Warranty Investigation
- Engineering Processes
- Capacity, resource & workload planning.
- Engineering Tools: - 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, PDM etc.
- Engineering recruitment, training & talent development
- Management team member
- Contributor to Sales & Product Development Strategy
- A track record of conceiving and delivering innovation and new products and managing an engineering function as a senior design/production engineer in a complex engineered product environment.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline. Chartered Engineer status would be advantageous.
- Significant experience supplying products to the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industries is preferred.
- Good activity and resource planning skills.
- Gravitas and commercial acumen and the ability to provide practical hands-on engineering support where required.