TS Grale are delivering a retained search for a Senior Bridge Engineer to be based in New York on behalf of an award winning Engineering, Design and Architecture Consultancy that are looking to further develop and strengthen their Transportation Practice that deliver engineering and design solutions for roads, highways and bridges. The successful candidate will plan and oversee NYSDOT Bridge Design and other related projects.
- Prepares and designs plans for new and/or rehabilitated bridge systems or parts of systems
- Ensures conformity to engineering standards and practices by reviewing construction plans, calculations for designs, and cost estimators
- Evaluates plans and proposals by other engineers; makes modifications as needed
- Estimates costs for bridge/transportation projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of budgets, schedules, or specifications for labor or materials for each project
- Collaborates with contractors, utility companies, and/or government agencies concerning plans, work schedules, or specifications
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in NYSDOT Bridge Design
- NYS Licensed Professional Engineer
- Thorough understanding of Bridge engineering
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an award-winning and growing Engineering, Design Architecture Consultancy that deliver a variety of complex high value projects, the position offers a highly competitive package and career progression opportunities.