Employee Proposition - Benefits of role and working for the company
Our client offers a stimulating and friendly working environment, with a chance to be part of a collaborative, family-spirited and growing business, where you will be able to develop your skills even further.
They provide innovative cleaning services into the public and private sector across the United Kingdom. They mix the latest technology alongside highly skilled and well rewarded staff teams to create an outstanding, cost-effective proposition for their clients.
As Bid Writer you will have the opportunity to work in a busy and thriving team, playing an integral role in one of the business’s key support functions.
Why the position is needed
The Bid Writer will be an integral part of the Sales department offering support with a variety of written tasks to assist in the provision of a high-quality tender responses, proposals and external reports.
The focus of the post will be to support the Sales and Marketing Director, Senior Business Development Manager and/or Business Development Manager in the production of compliant and compelling tenders. You will prepare bids for submission to Public and Private Sector organisations and will be responsible for completing high volumes of paperwork with 100% accuracy. You will be designing and producing high quality written and graphical sales documentation using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and Illustrator. The post will also be involved in the preparation, administration, production and publication of pre-qualification questionnaires for new and retained business sales.
How we want them to carry it out – operational standards
• Providing bid management support to the nominated opportunity lead in the Sales team.
• Writing quality and compliant responses to tender specifications.
• Providing support and assistance in developing a bid structure, through compilation and tracking of tasks by key stakeholders and subject matter experts.
• Actively participating opportunity and bid review meetings with key stakeholders and subject matter experts in support of the bid lead.
• Ensuring proof reading and quality checking of all tenders produced by the team and assisting in design.
• Ensuring our response adheres to our bid and governance process.
• Having an excellent appreciation of what the client/tender needs and how best to articulate how the organisation can provide that.
• Production of finalised customised bids and version controlling to full sign-off levels to meet customer deadlines.
• Designing and producing high quality graphical sales documentation using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and Illustrator.
• Manage and improve a bid library of standard tender response texts relating to the different aspects of our client’s business operation.
• Capturing lessons learned (positive and negative), and implementing resulting changes
• Complete Expressions of Interest, Requests for Information and Pre-Qualification Questionnaires within customer deadlines.
• Adhering to and improving administration processes and procedures.
• Getting accurate, high quality information from all technical experts in the organisation in order to produce bid collateral.
• Creating presentational material where required.
• Undertaking tasks as directed by the Sales and Marketing Director as required.
This is not intended to be a full definition of duties and staff will be expected to perform such other reasonable duties as may be necessary from time to time, to ensure the growth and profitability of the Company.
The values and behaviours of the person we expect
• A strong team player with inter-personal skills
• The ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues
• Reliable and Resilient
• Positive attitude with a drive for own development and learning
• A proactive and motivated attitude
• Able to commit to flexible working hours
• Creative, with own initiative
Skills and Experience Expected
• Sound educational background to degree level and APMP accredited
• Experience in writing and delivering successful PQQs and Tenders
• Experience of quality control of complex documents
• Understanding / experience of contributing to the overall design of the document
• Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
• Dynamic and persuasive writing style
• Excellent business writing skills
• Strong planning & organisation skills
• Strong administrative skills with high attention to detail
• Able to deal with complexity under time pressure
• Commercially focused
• Good IT skills – must have good Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Visio and Adobe skills, preferably InDesign, desirable)
• Meeting designated deadlines
• Number of Proposals submitted on time
• Ensuring proof reading and quality checking of all tenders produced by the team and assisting in design
• Formal feedback from Sales teams
• Quality & Accuracy of work produced