TS Grale are recruiting for a Business Development Manager on behalf of an award-winning National Construction Building Company that deliver high value design and build projects within Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential, Highrise, Justice, Industrial, Science, Sports, Civic and Government markets.
Due to succession planning, our client require a Working Winning Expert ideally based in Atlanta to further develop their business in the Southwest region of the US and establish new business relationships in various markets for the purpose of securing new construction contracts.
- Work closely with the with the Business Unit Leader and Vice President Business Development.
- Be the “driver” for BD in the business unit while establishing a positive synergy and working relationship with operations.
- Manage department budget and monitor cost of sales to parallel internal benchmarks
- Develop and be the conscious of the Region for annual strategic plan
- Sell $1 - $2 million per year in individual fee depending on maturity/position of the business unit (exclusive of house accounts)
- Be the “check and balance” with operations for customer satisfaction
- Be the gatekeeper for fee proposals and contracts
- Manage the go-no go process and maximize hit radio
- Manage sales staff and support staff
- Drive Business unit marketing/public relations program
- Understand local marketplace (politics, competition, diversity of market segments, etc.)
- Complete individual proposals/presentations and be the check and balance with sales staff on their individual efforts
- Train and mentor sales and BD support staff
- Monitor proposal budget to ensure “no dumping of time” to proposal costs
- Adhere to Corporate required reports and documentation
- Develop and create business unit/Business Unit leader presentations (ex: Business Unit Dinner, Annual management Meeting, Strategic Plan Presentation, etc.)
- At times, act as a “Principle-in-Charge” for certain clients
- Manage outside consultants if utilized by business unit
- Conduct Lessons Learned sessions as required
- Participate in Company Peer Groups and Market Focus Groups
- Be internal liaison to allow sales staff to focus on selling
- Be the check and balance with Business Unit Leader to ensure sales team is given the best tools to succeed
- Required – Degree Educated in a relevant field such as Construction, Engineering, Architecture, Business or Marketing. Minimum of 15 years’ experience of proven success in marketing or business development position, leading and developing a team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a Award Winning National Construction Building Company in a senior leadership position of influence which offers a highly competitive package and career progression opportunities.