TS Grale have been retained to deliver a search on behalf of a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire, to help their clients create liveable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, they design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Their Southern California practice in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties, is seeking an experienced Project Manager/ Senior Transportation Engineering Leader for a variety of civil engineering projects in Southern California. The home-base for this position is flexible and could be in their Los Angeles, Irvine or San Diego offices. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, pursuing new opportunities and strengthening their market share in the western region of the United States, with a focus on Southern California.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- To function as a Project Manager/ Senior Project Manager on civil infrastructure projects with a focus on detail design for arterial road, bikeway and transitway design;
- Prepare feasibility studies and conceptual designs for a wide variety of transportation projects;
- Prepare plans, estimates and specifications for a wide variety of transportation projects;
- Manage staff productivity and mentor staff and project teams;
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm and client focus;
- Lead and direct business development activities in Southern California including preparation of proposals and statement of qualifications.
- Project coordination between other design disciplines, management of project schedule and budget;
- Participation in the management of the transportation team for the USA Western Region.
- Undergraduate and/or higher degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- California Civil PE License, other states licensure desirable;
- Minimum of 8 years of Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry including leadership, project management and business development responsibilities; or a minimum of 10 years of public sector design experience including leadership responsibilities and management of projects designed by engineering consultants;
- Experience with all aspects of preliminary and detailed design of roads, highways, transitways and freeways (alignments, geometrics, drainage, traffic, utility relocation and storm water pollution prevention plans);
- Working knowledge of Caltrans and APWA geometric design standards and standard specifications, experience with Caltrans projects a definite asset;
- Familiar with construction inspection and design support during construction;
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Civil3D and MicroStation;
- Experience in leading staff members, including engineers and technicians. Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians;
- Able to work independently as well as in groups with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, project teams, and clients;
- Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of the Team;
- Familiarity with current market conditions, public and private sector client base in and around the region;
- Excellent technical verbal and written communication skills are a necessity, ability to prepare concise reports
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an Award-Winning Global Engineering & Design Consultancy that deliver a variety of complex high value projects across the United States, the position offers a highly competitive package and career progression opportunities.