TS Grale have been retained to deliver a search for a Director of Rail & Transit Engineering based in New York on behalf of a professional Engineering, Planning & Design Firm that deliver value added projects to their clients which improve mobility, enhance communities, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship which have a positive impact on the places where we live, work and play.
The Firm is made up of a dedicated and passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients across multiple sectors that include Transportation, Real Estate, Institutional, Energy, Federal, State and Local Governments.
Their New York office is seeking an experienced Director of Rail & Transit Engineering to execute a variety of Railroad and Transit related projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, pursuing new opportunities and strengthening their market share in New York and along the East Coast of the United States.
Experience & Qualifications:
- An engineer with experience in feasibility studies, concept design, EIS, final design, and construction (important that you understand the detail needed at each phase)
- A working knowledge of the systems involved in the various modes of transit (bus, BRT, LRT, Heavy Rail, Commuter Rail, and Intercity) (important that you understand the appropriateness of each mode for a given set of conditions)
- An understanding of the various modes operates to be able to define the infrastructure needed to implement a new system (important that you understand the opportunities and constraints to define an optimal operating plan)
- Experience with the FTA capital improvement funding programs (important that you understand the ever-changing landscape of the federal funding programs)
- A strong communicator able to help guide a client that may not have the experience in implementing major capital improvement projects for transit
- A leader capable of managing a transit enhancement project at any stage of the project development (you should equally be comfortable at the planning level as at the engineer and construction level)
- Must Have: New York PE License, Minimum of 15 years of Railroad & and Transit Engineering experience and Degree Educated in Engineering.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an Award-Winning Leading Engineering, Planning & Design Consultancy that deliver a variety of complex high value projects across the United States, the position offers a highly competitive package and career progression opportunities.