TS Grale are recruiting for an experienced General Superintendent on behalf of a leading Construction Contractor. The position is to support the Superintendents and Foremen on the various high value projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager for all assignment of Superintendent and Foreman positions.
- Assign and coordinate all trade field assignments with the needs of various projects.
- Review project schedules with Superintendents/Foreman. Ensure that critical activities and decisions remain on task and that Required On Job (ROJ) dates are provided to the project management team.
- Document project field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule, and provide to the project management team.
- Respond to subcontractor requests for field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Provide oversight for the Superintendent/Foreman for the development and maintenance of a Resource Allocation Control System (RACS).
- Provide guidance in implementation of the Project Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Identify projects with Self-Perform opportunities and assist in the development of the Self-Perform proposal.
- Work in concert with Business Unit Safety Director to implement the BU Safety Program.
- Manage Review of Capabilities, Accomplishments and Progress for field trades people.
- Maintain a progression/succession plan for all high-potential tradesmen in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Support Business Development, Estimating and the Project Executives with development of operational plans for all pursuits.
- Support the Project Executive, Project Superintendent and Project Manager to support development of logistics plans and schedules during pre-construction and early project activities.
Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of ten years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communications abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, SAP, SharePoint, etc. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to travel 50%+ of the time.