TS Grale are recruiting for an General Superintendent on behalf of an award-winning National Construction Building Company that deliver high value design and build projects within Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential, Highrise, Justice, Industrial, Science, Sports, Civic and Government markets.
Due to growth and project wins, our client requires an experienced Senior General Superintendent that will be responsible for the overall field work on one of the company’s most high value projects, leading a large team of superintendents and ensuring that company policies and procedures are met in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and customer satisfaction
- Direct and coordinate Company’s trade contractors and their sub-contractors, when required, to ensure they turn out high- quality work that meets the approved project schedule
- Supervise the construction of a large project or multiple
- Manage the project budget for general conditions and site services
- Develop, document and communicate the work plan regarding changes made in the field
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to coordinate trades, plan and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Obtain or verify that the subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes
- Monitor safety performance and verify safety compliance with all trades: act as primary safety representative in the field and enforce quality control policies
- Conduct maintenance and planning of “work-arounds” shutdowns and tie-ins
- Lead contractor meetings, oversee daily reports and documents using iBuild on a regular basis
- Communicate schedule status, updates and changes to Project Team and Trade Contractors
- Coordinate and manage jobsite logistics
- Oversee project quality plan and implement necessary changes and resolve jurisdictional disputes
- Establish credibility among Owners, Trade Contractors, Unions etc. by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment
- Required – BS or MS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management. Minimum of 15 years’ experience delivering large $50M+ Healthcare, K-12 and Higher Education projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an Award-Winning National Construction Building Company that deliver a variety of complex high value projects across the United States, the position offers a highly competitive package and career progression opportunities.