A project led manufacturing business with huge growth potential, our customer is seeking an Operations Director who can guide the existing team to increase efficiency and drive change across the business.
Objectives of the role
- Optimising site performance through the enhancement of production processes and quality systems.
- Identifying operational improvement areas and setting clear performance metrics that can be measured on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Attracting, recruiting and leading a management team across design, manufacturing, engineering, planning and quality functions delegating authority as required.
- Working as part of the divisional management board to set the standards for cross functional leadership and support to establish robust management meetings.
- Provide support to the CEO and Group HR team on delivering a positive, action- oriented team culture that embraces positive change and motivates employees.
- Providing robust management reporting working with Sales, Finance, HR and Commercial teams to ensure clarity on areas for overall business improvement.
What they are looking for
- Experience working in an operations role in a complex manufacturing business.
- Experience leading multi-functional teams working across projects, production, quality and design.
- An engaging and inspirational leader with a track record of delivering improved performance through mentoring and developing others.
- A technical background in a heavy engineering manufacturing business.
- Experience implementing and upholding quality systems.