Faerch is a Danish packaging company, that holds a leading position within rigid plastic packaging for the food industry. The company, owned by Advent International (a Global Private Equity Investor), has 40 years of experience in developing, designing and producing innovative and high-quality packaging for the ready meal, “food-to-go” and fresh meat markets.
As one of the leading manufacturers and innovators in the design of recycled plastic packaging, the acquisition in July 2018 of Dutch 4PET Group, has positioned Faerch as one of the world’s first integrated plastic packaging suppliers that achieves a circular economy for recycling food trays on an industrial scale, turning plastic packaging into a resource.
Reporting to the Group Strategic Sales Director, the Pots and Food to Go business unit is an important part of the overall Group strategy and, to deliver continued annual growth, the establishment of a product management function is underway that can ensure Faerch’s ability to lead the market in quality, innovation, responsibility, customer delivery and commercial performance.
The purpose of the Product Management function is to ensure Faerch have a thorough understanding of customer preferences, market developments and follow relevant trends (materials, technology, consumer behaviour, competitors, volumes) and the general sales strategy of the business in its delivery of the aforementioned journey.
- To ensure Faerch have a thorough understanding of customer preferences and market developments and follow relevant trends (materials, technology, consumer behaviour, competitors, volumes)
- To ensure the organization, in particular sales and marketing, have a clear understanding of the product offering, differentiation and value propositions
- To ensure a well-structured, innovative and differentiating product portfolio and development road map with the right products, adequate lifecycle/timeline, professional introduction (including thresholds for new developments), performance monitoring and out-phasing process
- To ensure that new product launches are introduced properly into the organisation
- Own and develop overall product portfolio and roadmap, identifying any gaps and opportunities, overlaps/consolidation need and out-phasing
- Orchestrate decision process on new developments and decide on which products from platform to actively sell/promote and own “wish list” of potential new developments to be added to platform
- Drive new product developments from commercial perspective and ensure seamless product roll-outs, in particular regarding availability for order, product information, value proposition/marketing plan and related marketing material and sales training plan
- Support sales in new business development efforts and product-related issues within segment
- Degree educated, ideally with an analytical, marketing or international business bias
- Considerable experience in a similar Product Management function ideally in a large chilled food or thermoform a plastics manufacturing business
- Affinity to technical sales and structured marketing
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Good project management skills and toolbox and experience in leading development projects