West Midlands, United Kingdom
This client is a West Midlands based metals business that supply to the Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Automotive and Power Generation industries. They are looking to add to a successful Operations team that can lead them on a growth journey.
- Responsible for a team of circa 80 production staff
- Growing and developing a lean culture and encouraging this across the business
- Oversight for other parts of the operations i.e. HSE, quality
- Ensuring labour and material resources are consistently utilised as efficiently as possible
- To ensure communication with colleagues internally is maintained, including meetings at shift change over
- Constantly review and update KPI’s to ensure staff are working as efficiently as possible.
- Make sure that health and safety procedures are adhered to throughout the manufacturing process.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in managing a production team in a ‘world class’ environment
- Proven experience of implementing lean strategies
- Experience liaising with HSE, Quality and Maintenance teams
- Experience of a manufacturing operation that is within highly regulated environment
- A natural desire to continually improve both yourself and individuals around you