Our client is a market leader within the UK timber sector, the company offers production, manufacture, and the distribution of high-quality processed wood for various applications. Local entrepreneurship is important to the company, with the aim to ensure autonomy for individuals to make decisions and drive the business forward. The senior management team, therefore, have clear responsibility for the results of their operations including the business, its customers, staff and suppliers. The business is in a period of growth with the aim of diversifying their product portfolio, while they’re looking for the right people to continue to drive the business forward whilst also offering personal career progression internally.
The Sales Director will be an innovative individual with senior experience within the timber sector, to deliver P&L performance, planning & forecasting as well as leadership and management of staff. The individual will bring specialist industry knowledge within the building products sector that will drive continuous improvement, innovation, and sustainability within an established yet progressive business.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Driving sales and creating established relationships with clients to ensure the successful national growth of their timber product range (including timber decking, furniture, panels, frames etc.)
- Managing a team of direct reports to support their personal growth and success within the business.
- Having responsibility for P&L, planning and forecasting, working as part of the senior management team.
- Having the opportunity to manage commercial strategy and launch specific products within the processed wood industries.
- Communicating with clients effectively to build relationships within the industry and diversify the client base for the range of products.
- Ensure compliance with all CDM, Health & Safety, and environmental issues concerning the development of sustainable solutions.
Who we are looking for:
- A proactive Sales Director with a record of achieving target and having growth within their regions.
- An engaging individual that has experience managing a team, driving performance turnaround and the monitoring of KPIs.
- Experience in a similar sector of wood protection, sawn wood, joinery, or timber is desirable but not essential.
- Experience within the building products sector is essential.
- An individual that can clearly communicate and establish meaningful client relationships.
- Someone that is able to manage their own diary, arrange to meet clients, coordinate with internal teams and travel internationally when required.
What is on offer:
- Exceptional Salary package and benefits. Please contact Isabel Thompson via email@example.com for further details.