Our Client is a leading multi-disciplinary, international consulting firm offering innovative services in Transportation, Urban Land, Facilities, and Systems. They are looking to expand their Intelligent Transportation Services and Urban Planning and Design practices in the New York area through the provision of traffic engineering and transportation planning services across the region. TS Grale are looking for an energetic and motivated individual, based in New York, to expand the range of services that our client provide to existing private and public sector clients and develop a broader client base in traffic engineering and transportation planning.
The candidate will be responsible for business development, project management and project delivery of traffic engineering and transportation planning projects in the New York area. The candidate will be supported by existing resources from other regional offices and some of North America’s leading technical experts in transportation planning and traffic engineering from other Group offices. The intent is that the candidate will eventually build a fully self-contained transportation group in the New York office which shares resources with other offices across the Group.
- Client development and liaison
- Proposal preparation and contract negotiations
- Project management and delivery
- Quality reviews
- Technical support related to transportation / civil engineering matters on urban design and intelligent transportation projects being done out of the Boston office
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree considered an asset) in Civil or Systems Engineering with a focus on transportation from an accredited University
- A minimum of 12 years of progressive technical and leadership experience. Prior experience in a consulting firm considered an asset
- Knowledge of transportation engineering, particularly the traffic engineering aspects
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- An interest in business development and building a business
- Ability to develop effective and trustworthy relationships with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders in the transportation industry
- Effective problem solving, time management, and decision-making skills, in a teamwork and multiple projects context
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an Award-Winning Global Engineering & Design Consultancy that deliver a variety of complex high value projects across the United States, the position offers a highly competitive package and career progression opportunities.