Our client is a world leader in the production of consumer chemicals supplying a diverse range of markets. They have manufacturing facilities across Europe, America and Asia, employing in excess of 20,000 people. They continue to be a growing and acquisitive business as they diversify their product portfolio and offering to customers.
In the UK the organisation has multiple manufacturing sites and following recent positive change within the UK leadership function, they are looking to recruit a high potential and mouldable individual as Site Manufacturing Manager.
They are keen to appoint an individual who can ensure that one of their key manufacturing sites get the necessary leadership to perform at the highest possible level while also facilitating a strategy of succession planning for the future.
The site is integral to the growth of the UK business, producing 20,000 tons of chemicals annually with a complex manufacturing process. The Site Manufacturing Manager will oversee all onsite production whilst controlling the budget for the facility.
Key objectives for the Site Manufacturing Manager will include:
- Full site leadership responsibility
- Setting and managing site budget
- Ensuring safety of all members of staff
- Meeting customer needs
- Using 5S and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Reduction in waste costs
- Improving order fulfillment
- Proven leadership experience within a fast moving, automated manufacturing environment
- Continuous Improvement background
- Experience of promoting safe working practices
- Knowledge of working with ERP
- Previous experience of managing budgets and general financial acumen
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels
This opportunity is ideally suited to a high potential individual who is keen to join a business that can provide excellent career prospects through personal development and succession planning.