Masonite: We help people walk through walls
Masonite is a global building products manufacturer listed on the New York Stock Exchange and headquartered in Tampa, Florida. Employing more than nine thousand people working at over 50 locations worldwide, they specialise in the manufacture of interior and exterior doors, door components, door entry systems and architectural products.
Over the last 2 years the UK business has become more focused and consolidated around core products, having divested itself of a number of smaller non-core businesses. The resulting footprint now operates from 4 manufacturing facilities located across the UK. The largest of which is the Barnsley Premdor site, just a few minutes from junction 38 of the M1 which employs 550 staff on a 3 shift, 24/5 working pattern and is also the location of the UK Head Office and home to the senior leadership team and corporate services functions.
The Masonite vision is:
‘To be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.’
Underpinning this is the Masonite Blueprint which is focused on creating a positive working culture that allows its employees to continually innovate, simplify and improve process, share knowledge and ultimately deliver an exceptional customer experience and quality products.
With a cultural transformation programme that is assimilating and aligning the businesses within the Masonite Group well underway, this role will continue to embed a performance culture that supports accountability and transparency.
Reporting to the UK SVP and MD and the SVP Global Operations, this role sits on the UK senior leadership team and has overall responsibility for leading each of the Plant Managers, supply chain control (materials, production planning and scheduling), health and safety and quality. With a team of 8 current direct reports, including 4 plant managers, this role also works in a matrix management structure with other key Directors, such as the Director of Logistics, Technical Director and Commercial Director to deliver the operational results required so that Masonite UK can meets its targets and deliver against its strategy.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Functional leadership of EHS and Quality, developing and implementing systems to ensure the health and safety of the workplace and minimise the environmental impact of the operations.
- Ensuring standards of HSE meet UK legislation and company standards, and that they continuously improve to world class.
- To oversee and improve operational activities for Masonite UK including planning (overall supply chain control); raw materials warehousing operations; manufacturing operations; capital project management.
- To drive service and quality performance improvement to reduce total cost of quality and drive customer engagement.
- To Identify opportunities to streamline business processes and systems, and to use company resources more efficiently.
- Contributing to company strategy and leading strategy in all areas under their control to meet the company's long- and short-term objectives.
Who we are looking for:
- A Chartered Engineer, ideally with a Post Grad Diploma in Business or MBA, with clear past delivery of cost management strategies and driving performance for sizeable/multi-site operations.
- Track record of improving production and supply chain performance in a genuine fast paced world class manufacturing environment.
- A manufacturing leader with a history of delivering positive cultural change enhancing team working, employee engagement and collaboration.
- A track record of driving measurable and sustainable operational performance improvement through CI programs.
- Ability to work in a matrix management structure with the leadership and communication ability to influence all stakeholders throughout the value chain.
For further information please contact Amanda Riley on 07534282409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org