Vice President Enhanced Delivery & Preconstruction
TS Grale are delivering a retained exclusive search on behalf of a leading construction company with operations throughout North America. They offer general contracting, design-build solutions and construction management for their projects and work across a range of markets, both industrial and commercial.
We are seeking a Vice President of Enhanced Delivery and Preconstruction, who will be responsible for the operations and business development activities for projects, services and related business initiatives within local, regional or national strategic market segments as defined by our client's strategic plan.
This position is responsible for developing the strategy and for directing business activities relating to the strategic growth of all services within the defined market, the development of new services and capabilities and the ongoing development of the Company’s capability to compete in the marketplace.
- With the President, COO and/or EVP, develops and maintains an organization structure which positions the corporation to deliver products and services in an efficient, productive, and profitable fashion, in a manner that compliments the matrix management structure of the corporation.
- With assigned Project Director or Project Manager, defines and structures roles and responsibilities of workforce to deliver products and services in a fashion that meets or exceeds the expectations established by the Company Quality Management Programs.
- Provides the leadership and team building necessary to maintain a workforce that continuously embraces the mission, vision, and values of the corporation and maintains commitment to the goals and objectives of the team specific to the market segment.
- Manages and directs Preconstruction team and resources.
- Evaluates business opportunities and defines strategic business direction within the market segment.
- Develops and implements new business initiatives to compliment the core businesses and enhance overall profitability, with (appropriate) approval by the President.
- Manages the financial performance of the business unit, in terms of volume and margin. Develops and shifts resources as required to maintain positive financial performance and to achieve goals established in the strategic planning process.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field
- 15 - 20 years’ experience in field construction project management with substantial exposure to projects of extraordinary scope
- Significant transit/rail market experience an asset.